Saturday 29 June 2013

Not so fab week

Hey everyone,

So things were going great....I was having a lovely weekend last week..and feeling all fab with myself... then Sunday evening, I started to feel ill...(possibly it was just the fear of Monday)..
I used that as an excuse to stop exercising and watching what I eat...normally, food makes me feel better but this time, it wasn't working...I was eating my fave snacks without discretion, taking energy drinks and toxic concentrations of coffee, but nothing made me feel better...everyone noticed I was dull at work, my tummy ulcer which I'd had under control started acting up again, and i was an emotional wreck...

On Friday morning, after I said my prayers, I decided that I'd had enough of feeling down and out, I was tired of feeling sorry for myself.. I was like: so what if I closed late everyday of the week and had to wake up early everyday? so what if my tummy ulcer was getting worse again?? so what if no one appreciates my efforts at work?? That was no reason to keep eating all the junk I had given up on..so I got out of bed and decided to weigh myself...I was not surprised to see I had gained the 2 kg I had lost over the past couple weeks..
That was a major blow to my already fragile self esteem...but I was determined not to give up!!
I decided to exercise but since I wasn't up for jumping, I brought out my purple cutesy yoga mat and got busy... after 10 mins my arms and thighs were burning and yet I still managed to squeeze in 100 jumps...wow!!!

Afterwards, I took a cold shower, had breakfast (eggs, cheese and coffee) and I was ready for a great day...and a great day I had. I achieved so much at work and in a short time too!!! Did my ward rounds in a jiffy and closed early (before 12noon early!!!!!!) , got home had a short nap...(I do have a huge sleep debt that needs to be paid off soon) and when I woke up, I did my laundry and cleaned my room and bathroom (since this weekend I'll be on duty)...#feelinglikesuperwoman

The essence of this post folks is to emphasize the power of positive thinking....I know it sounds cliche but its true...who knows, maybe my week would not have been so crappy if I had maintained an uberfab outlook...I can't say for sure..but what I do know is that, when I decided to stop feeling like crap, things turned around for the better...I probably would have still closed later than usual everyday, but I would have felt great doing it..
I also learned that even though I felt ill I should not have stopped exercising entirely. I should have just toned it down a notch or two..because this beautiful body God has given me knows and wants what is good for it..and immediately I resumed exercising and eating healthier, I felt great and my energy levels shot up immediately (with the help of coffee of course #wink)

I hope I have inspired you to maintain a positive outlook this week and always..being called back to work..lols..in the meantime just keep being fab!!

P.s: took a break from the E.R to write this post and to wish my uncle and my bff happy birthday! (luv you guys)

3 comments:

  1. That kinda motivated me. Positive thinking. That's an important ingredient I tend to forget at times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im glad I could motivate you to think positively...yeah me...

      Delete
  2. One trick I've tried is thinking positively just before I go to bed. I'd say tomorrow will be great. Last thought before bed.
    I'm trying out yoga too to get more flexible and my, it's a real workout! Now I know you're doing yoga, I'm motivated! We'll be virtual yoga partners... lol!
    Have a Fab week boo!

    ReplyDelete