Wednesday 5 June 2013

Baby steps

So....(#sitsdown&getsreadytoramble)
I was thinking.. I've been all about preparing for this super exciting journey but this morning it occurred to me i might never be fully prepared for whats ahead of me...after all no one has all the answers to life's questions..so i decided to start my trip today..but with baby steps...hehehehe..so excited!!
you know the saying 'the journey of a thousand miles begins with one step'..well no one said it had to be a big step right???...so on this journey im gonna start of with baby steps and slowly build up to a more confident catwalk!!!
what do i mean by baby steps????
This just means that in my quest to bring fab back, I'm not going to wake up one morning and make big lifestyle changes which might end up stressing me out further..so definitely no grand ideas like running a marathon or baking a 3 tier cake...at least not yet!
Im still a houseofficer (slave to humanity) which means my time doesn't belong to me and most days I spend between 10-12 hours in the hospital which leaves me tired ALL the time but all the same, this week, I decided to take two baby steps..
first step : Incorporate a little exercise into my already crazy routine!!! when I say little I mean little..I decided to start skipping in the mornings at least 100 times 5days a week..well I ended up jumping because I bought a pretty pink skipping rope and it turned out to be too short for me..lols so I just hold it in one hand and jump..I will continue to increase the number of jumps and maybe increase the days to everyday. I'm still researching all the benefits of skipping and it seems to be the perfect exercise..it even works on the abs and upper arms..I'm excited at the thought of toned abs and losing my flabby arm fat (christian mother arms)....hehehe..
So far 100 jumps a day hasn't left me sore so I'm not discouraged in fact I'm itching to add more jumps...but as I already said...baby steps!!!
Second step: eat fruits and or vegetables at least once daily!!this sounds pretty easy right?? wrong..since I eat commercial food three times daily its difficult to get veggies..I mean the dangers of eating an uncooked salad are real in theses areas where typhoid is endemic. so it means I have to buy my own veggies and wash in salt and vinegar before I can eat them and I just don't have the time!!! fruits are easier since I just wash and eat..so I do mostly bananas and apples since I can eat them with no cutting or preparation...I also came up with this idea to make really tiny salads with few ingredients and it seems to be working..I'll put up the recipe and pictures soon..baby steps ok!
So those are my first two baby steps..I'll be keeping in touch soon to write about how the first week went..hopefully I will still be standing..but if I fall...i'll just get back up again..after all its all about having fun for moi!

No comments:

Post a Comment