Sunday 21 July 2013

New jump rope

Hello my lovelies...

It's been a minute..or more..my bad!!! I've been really busy with work, life and being fab...Lols.. I admit it's not been easy and some days I feel like giving up... I'm also not losing weight as quickly as I thought I would which is a huge bummer...but oh well..i was prepared for that possibility

Anyways, I thought I should write a quick update about my new skipping rope and my new jump routine...I have been researching ways to get the best out of my work out since I have very little time to work out each day and I stumbled on this cool method of intense exercise called the High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT). I don't know so much about it but the bottom line is that instead of jumping at the same pace through out the work out, I jump as fast and as hard as i can for a few seconds (40 secs) then rest for a few seconds (20 secs) and repeat about 30 times...seems like it should be easier right?? nope...its actually tougher...way tougher...I dont know why..lols..
I had to get a timer app on my phone to help know when to start or stop (HIIT timer).

My old rope is the pink one which was too short..I had to hold it one hand and pretend to be skipping over it..lols..the new one (blue) makes the pink one look like a toy..lols
 I got a new skipping rope... its bigger, better and heavier than my old one...(actually its my boo's old one so its not really new and its all masculine..lols)... Let me just say that this new rope has given my morning exercise a whole new meaning...you see previously I was doing hundreds of jumps and so on...feeling all fit and macho with myself...but this new rope totally floored me...i could barely do 5 jumps continuously...whew!!!
I quickly changed the routine on my HIIT timer to jump for 20 secs and rest for 10..but that was still too tough for me and I reduced the number of repetitions from 30 to 10...meaning that I reduced my exercise time from 30 mins to 10 mins....(10 mins of torture)...the first week was excruciating..my lungs felt like i was breathing fire, my arms were aching in weird places..I even started feeling dizzy on the first day which was a bit worrying...but I have pushed past that stage. I'm now up to 15 mins of exercise and I will continue to challenge myself...till I lose weight...lols..it has gotten a bit easier and I'm able to jump for the 20 seconds without faltering..but when I get tired I get sloppy and the rope hits my toes which hurts a lot more than you think...the rope has broken my toe nails and chipped off the nail polish (urgh!!!how unfab!!)

In other related stories, I have totally stopped fizzy drinks...too bad I don't remember the last one I took...I think I should still start counting the days without a fizzy drink to keep me motivated!! I only drink water and the occassional juice..yippee...
I'm still going strong on the salads and fruits in fact for the past two weeks there's always been a salad in my fridge...
I also started following a new blog...diary of a foodiee...and I love the inspiration that she gives.

My new challenge for the next few weeks will be how to deal with the craving for carbohydrate after my work outs...I researched on it and apparently when you exercise real good your body craves for carbs to replace the fat you just killed...hmmm...this means I can lose weight finally if I can control the urge to stuff my face with carbs immediately after my work out..

In the meantime...its bye for now..see you soon..i hope..x

No comments:

Post a Comment