Friday 21 June 2013

Pictures...finally

Hey there!!! I know I promised to upload pics of my cute hair (which isn't looking so cute anymore..because I sleep like a ninja!!!)...and I also know it's unfab to make excuses...however I did suffer a major setback...
My totally überfab htc one x broke!!! (fell on the roadside face down)
Well its not in pieces but the screen is pretty messed up and it makes using it so uninteresting...this baby was my camera, computer, phone and personal assistant.. It made blogging easier and more fun..I was pretty bummed out about it and suffered withdrawal symptoms for a couple days, but I'm ok now.
I'm looking for a replacement phone..(already moved on)...the major contenders are Samsung s4 and HTC one...hmmm..choices, choices, choices...
I think I also need a digital camera so I can blog with more pictures..but that would have to wait..
In the meantime, I'm blogging on my ipad and I have to use its camera to take photos...I must say it's a bit tricky trying to take a selfie with the rear camera and the resolution of the front camera leaves a lot to be desired..
Anyways enough with the rambling...here are photos of my 2week old hair!
I couldn't get the blue highlights to show up well due to the lighting (I'm a terrible photographer)
If you look hard enough, the blue is slightly visible..
(The above photos were all taken with the rear camera and I couldn't get a shot of my hair from the back)
As you can see my braids are not tight and I don't let anyone touch my baby temple hairs..though they tend to get unruly (I use aloe vera gel to gain some control..hehehe)..I'd take untidy hair over baldness anyday!!

Moving on to more pleasant topics, I got of work early on Wednesday #dancingalingo so I had some time to spare..and I got busy..
Made a salad..yummy!!

And a corned beef/vegetable sauce (it's a bit runny so that it doesn't get too dry when I microwave it subsequently)..
Recipes coming soon!

I also started this blog post but I was too tired to finish it..lols..and since I spent the whole of thursday in the theatre, that was also a bust... So here i am Friday morning taking a break from the E.R to keep my promise by completing this post..hmmm seems like this journey and documenting it is going to be a lot harder than i envisioned...

Finally, a quick update on my jump rope and eating healthy schedules: they are both going great; better than expected..I now look foward to my morning jumps and some days I even wake up before my alarm!!! (whoohoo!!!)...emphasis on SOME...lols
A quick reminder that I'm still looking for a challenge for next week/next month..(it would be nice to get some feedback)..I'm off to the E.R and taking fab with me..ciao!!


10 comments:

  1. Hair still looks great. ..Sorry about your fone...same thing happened to mine. ..was on my lap as I was gettn out of d car n splat!...Nyways...great job on d jumping. ..I startd in may but I avnt bn able to keep up...did it for abt two wks...was so happy when I got to 400+ jumps. Thnk imma try n continue in july. So as for a challenge....hw abt going off fizzy drinks...bn trying dat for a while now...n despite d rare slip...I thnk its cool. I kinda replaced em wt juice...even though dts also unhealthy in excess...esp d fact dt we hardly find REAL juice...but I also make a lot of smoothies when I can. Ok...I digress. Ur challenge for next month...no coke, fanta...etc. I thnk my challenge wud b to drink more water...I thnk I may av replaced dat with juice too...lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear, as for the phone it was the exact same thing that happened..(to think i was getting out to buy fruits and veggies)...hmmmmm..neways challenge accepted...in fact I'm going to start counting days without fizzy drinks..lols..but wait..do energy drinks count..because my morning coffee just isn't strong enough to pull me through 12 hours of ER duty..funny tho I'm on a break to go get one right now!!

      Delete
  2. I know you are already off sugary drinks frm ur last post...but I gies I was thnkn u cud tk it one step/type at a time

    ReplyDelete
  3. saw your previous post and was super excited for you but was too busy to post. its actually motivated me somewhat. had bought a skipping rope when i started 2nd year but had only used it like twice the whole year and had managed to do a max of 20 jumps *covering my face*. so your post kicked me out of my laziness and i put my skipping rope to use. started with 100 skips and i've managed 150 the last 2 days. so so proud of myself and feeling so good. not really seeking to be super athletic but it at least feels good to know i'm doing some form of exercise for once in my life! haven't tried anything on diet or being fab *honestly doubt if i have a gene for fab* but pls do keep going... who knows, i might actually put myself together and take things to the next level

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww...thanks Debs...I'm glad I can motivate you and ur comment has also encouraged me...
      N I'm pretty sure u hv a fab gene...every girl has one...Lols...keep me posted on any further challenges

      Delete
  4. No energy drinks! Those are bad for u anyway...

    ReplyDelete